Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Paws Awhile - Mud and Plywood

It was cold at the beach today, but nothing to compare with what is forecasted to hit Atlanta tonight.  I considered trying to make it home, but ultimately decided that I am better off to wait it out here.

Today was all about the floor, the walls and the ceiling. Helper John worked on putting down the plywood in preparation for tiling. I learned that today was John's birthday so I went to Harvest Bread Company and got some cookies for Herb, John and I so we could have a little birthday celebration!

Herb worked on patching and mudding the sheetrock. I can't wait to see how it will look once it is sanded and painted!

My friends, the Withers, invited me out for dinner, which was a welcome change from the crackers and hummus I've been eating! We enjoyed a nice meal at the Surf and then they came back by to see the progress.

Tomorrow, I expect to spend the day somewhere else because I don't want to be here with all of the sheetrock dust.  Maybe I'll use that Starbuck's Gift Card I've been hoarding.  And then if I'm lucky, the Withers will have me over for that venison meatloaf they've been bragging about (hint, hint).

No comments:

Post a Comment