Friday, February 7, 2014

Paws Awhile - Get While the Getting is Good!

Handyman Herb didn't make as much progress as he had hoped today because I added some scope to the project.  I figured as long as I have Herb here, I should get whatever I want done.  So, while he had the drywall out and the floor removed, I decided now is the time to get the TV cable outlets situated where I want them.  I had him put a cable on the opposite living room wall so I can move the sofa to the other side of the room.

I also had him add an outlet in the guest bedroom in case you want to watch TV in YOUR room when you come to visit! I asked him to put it up high so we can get you a flat screen TV and mount it on the wall.  You'd like that, wouldn't you?

It took Herb most of the morning to get that done, so he didn't get to start working on the plumbing until after lunch.  I asked him to line the plumbing up so that it will take up very little room at the back of the cabinets.

While Herb was doing that, he had John scraping the popcorn off of the ceiling.

Next, Herb started covering the openings on the wall with sheetrock.  We had asked him to angle the corners of the refrigerator space so that the refrigerator doors won't hit the corners.

The place is really starting to take shape but there is a lot left to do!

When he finished up today, Herb presented his bill for the first week! Cha-ching! It seems like a lot of money, but when you consider that I'm just paying Herb and not Herb plus an electrician and a plumber, I think it is pretty reasonable. I'm just glad Tony (my Splenda-Daddy) is at home working hard to cover our costs!

Tomorrow is more drywall work.  Everything here is COVERED in dust already and it will get worse when the sanding phase starts.

I'm going to try to let Herb work on the items on the list tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment