Monday, October 6, 2014

Baby gets new shoes!

Fall weather this weekend made me want to curl up on the sofa with a blanket & do some crocheting. I decided to see if I could make a mate to the little bootie I had recently finished. I started out following a pattern but at some point deviated from the pattern so I had zero confidence that I could make a matching bootie.  But, what good is one bootie so I decided to try.

I finished it last night and they looked reasonably similar. I was too tired to put away my embroidery so I covered it up with a blanket thinking that Lola, our pretty but not-so-smart cat, would not find it.  Wrong!  I woke up this morning to find the thread strewn all over the house, wrapped around chair legs, under tables, around sofas and even circling the TV. There was no sign of the little booties. I feared they had been chewed up. Lola doesn't usually chew things herself, but hands them off to Lucy, our chihuahua, to do the dirty work.  Sure enough, one of the booties was in Lucy's crate but Lucy hadn't had a chance to chew it. The other one was between the sofa cushions, also intact!

The booties are too small for a real baby (as was the hat I made recently) but they fit my vintage baby doll perfectly, don't you think?



The baby doll, with its hat and shoes are hidden away in an upstairs bedroom that Lola cannot get into no matter how hard she tries because she has no thumbs! You can see from the look in her eyes that she is trying to figure out a way though!

"If only I had thumbs..."
 
If anyone has any crochet patterns for hats or booties that will fit a real baby let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment